Sunday, October 17, 2010

The husband is off

My husband has been sent on a missions trip to Liberia. This is his first trip ever. I'm excited to see what he will come back with. In the meantime I am holding down the fort. Making sure the house runs smoothly, the garbage gets taken out, putting anything that breaks back together, you know all the manly stuff. I wanted to finish some of the projects I have put on his to do list for him so that he doesn't have to worry about them. Like the swingset would be nice to get done. there are some things I most def can not do, like replace lights and finish remodeling our bathroom. Some things I refuse are mowing the lawn and doing more than 2 loads of laundry a week :-p I'm sure I will have enough to do, we bought a used treadmill so I need to keep up with my 2 mile interval running everyday and Ethan's school work, which is 15 lessons behind so we will be doubling lessons this week. I have a couple playdates planned, popcorn movie nights, and a trip or 2 to Mimis and the aunties house. Just have to remember that some things will not get done for the children's sake. Sometimes the little people need extra love, attention, and time spent sitting and playing on the floor. For my mind will be stayed on Him who gives perfect peace:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment