Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Controvery

I really don't like to write about controversial issues. Usually these issues are my own personal convictions, but they cause such uproar in the people around me that it's not even worth it. I think mainly of all the what ifs and hidden lies that pose themselves as truths. Most of my convictions are surrounding our USA holidays, health and religion, which are all "personal" topics for people. I will though express my opinions here since this is my writing outlet and if you disagree you can just click and leave.

I know our family made the right decision to home school. Some of the reasons were for convenience, but most out of holy conviction. I think our America is morally corrupt. Why would I put my sweet impressionable 5 year old under the authority of a corrupt people? Most of the holidays, for example, that we celebrate are interwoven with lies. We are told that Halloween is a perfectly normal and fun holiday to celebrate. Ghosts, goblins, witches, and all the other slimy nasty creatures that represent darkness. HELLO AMERICA WAKE UP. Darkness all darkness. People thrive on death. My children won't be desensitized to the weight that witchcraft, curses and the presence of evil that Halloween and satan bring. Yes I will teach my children that all those things are not honorable, trustworthy, or lovely. They will learn that people who believe in those things need prayer. It's a shame. How can we say we are "christian" and yet take our children trick or treating? Why expose them to hell and say it's fun, so they grow up thinking the supernatural evil world is fun? It's a fight and they must learn what is good and what is bad. How will they learn to fight the enemy which comes through sickness, poverty, demon possession, and death, if they think all that is ok? For me and my house we will serve the LORD. Is this a HUGE controversy? Yes. For us christians it shouldn't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment