Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A poopy kind of life

This is a blog I wrote a couple of days ago. Hope you enjoy:-)

As I sit here drinking my cup of decaf coffee with a teaspoon of sugar and vanilla late creamer, I hope in my heart that it's all coming to an end, that my latest encounter was the last. You see about eight weeks ago my precious 3 year old Micah became smitten with a bout of terrible constipation. He screamed in pain every time he went. This, for obvious reasons, left him mortified of the potty. Thus began his new found mission to never have to go there again. With great perseverance the little fella has been trying to hold "it" for 6 weeks, until lately when he met his match- several doses of flaxseed oil.
The journey has been long, hard, smelly, and messy. It's been filled with about 7 pairs of undies everyday, clorox wipes, baby wipes, napkins, bleach, towels and screaming (mine & his). This week great progress has been made, a willingness to try the potty again. Until today. A wave of the runs. All over the place. What a sweet little man he is trying to help me clean up his undies, shaking them over the toilet and flinging the most rancid smelling poop ALL over the place. My rock hard reflex could not handle it and I began to gag violently. When, when, WHEN will this come to an end..... Give me night feedings, tired mornings, baby food, nursing problems, a messy house anything but this. So enjoy, have a good laugh with me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment